Ahead this August weekend? A Maine industry, a British Columbia internet-zero dwelling, cold-drinking water dips, and more:
- On-the-marketplace: a bungalow in Victoria, British Columbia, a short while ago reworked into a internet zero dwelling by RM favorites Scott & Scott of Vancouver. (See the homeowners’ in depth perform-by-enjoy of the renovation method right here.)
- Superior Year Market is getting area August 11-14 in St. George, Maine, featuring the operate of some of our favorites: ANK Ceramics, Lindquist Item, Rudy Jude, Ponder Valley, Ursa Main, Samuel Snider Antiques, and more (lots of of them featured in our new e-book, Remodelists in Maine). Cease by: Ocean Check out Grange, 435 Port Clyde Highway, St. George, Thursday 3-6 pm and Friday-Sunday 10 am – 4 pm
- In other Maine news, the state’s midwinter chilly-water plunges, as captured by photojournalist Greta Rybus (our collaborator on Remodelists in Maine), are showcased this 7 days in The New York Periods.
- On our examining checklist: The Crevice Garden.
- And we are awaiting the launch of AphroChic: Celebrating the Legacy of the Black Loved ones Dwellingout this slide.
- Seven new sites to remain, by means of T journal. (We notably like the appears to be like of this guesthouse on the Greek island of Patmos.)
- Good-looking shoe storage for the entrance entry.
- A virtual check out to Berkeley Horticultural Nursery.