5 Steps Towards A Successful Real Estate Marketing Plan
In, most types of real estate markets, the quality and insights of the marketing plan, is, often, a significant factor, and difference, in the results, in terms of price, potential buyers, etc! Although, this may not be as significant, in an extreme, sellers market, such as what we are presently, witnessing/ experiencing, as it is, in others, it still has some impact! The finest quality, best, real estate professionals, often, differentiate themselves, from the rest – of – the – pack, by the development and significance of their plans, and approaches, in this area! With, that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, 5 key steps, towards creating, truly, successful ones.
1. Overall plan: How does the specific property, differ, from its competition? What, exactly, is its competition, and why? Which, specific, niche, if, any, might this house, fit – into? An agent owes it, to his client (the homeowner), to, thoroughly, explain, his reasoning, and how, he plans, to create, the necessary degree of buzz! Homeowners and agents, must proceed, on the same – page, from the onset, to maximize desirable results, etc!
2. Table of responsibility between agent and client: If, you want the desired result, begin the process, in a mutually, informed, manner/ way! Each must understand, realize, and agree to his specific duties, as they relate to this Table of Responsibilities! When the owner, and the agent, he chooses, and hires, are comfortable with, and agree, from the onset, the plan, is better performed. For example, the homeowner must keep the house, neat and clean, and ready, to be, shown, on short – notice, to achieve the finest possibilities! They must discuss items, such as showing, advertising, Open Houses, etc!
3. Timeline: Most people, selling their homes, are concerned, with the stresses, tensions, and hassles, etc, which, often, accompany this period! Frequent discussions between client and agent, help to create, a viable, timeline, and often, a more realistic, prepared, homeowner!
4. Review/ discuss: The best – laid plans, of mice and men, often go astray! How many times, have we heard that, yet, continue, not to learn the key lessons? Since, it is impossible, to precisely, predict the future, usually, there must be a pre – scheduled, weekly time (at the minimum), where the parties, fully discuss, results, showings (or lack of), and, whether, there is a need to adjust/ tweak the plan and approach!
5. Modify/ tweak, as indicated/ necessary: Avoid being inflexible, but, maintain, a balance, between, what one hopes for, and reality! There may be a need to modify, and tweak, the plan/ approach, if, and when, it’s necessary, and indicated!
Smart agents and homeowners depend upon a quality marketing plan! Doesn’t it make sense?